Hair extensions are a popular way to add length, volume, and thickness to your hair. They can be used to create a variety of hairstyles, from sleek and sophisticated to edgy and glamorous. If you’re considering getting hair extensions London, there are a few things you need to know.
Types of hair extensions
There are two main types of hair extensions: tape-in extensions and bonded extensions. Tape-in extensions are made of a thin strip of tape that is bonded to your hair with a heat-activated adhesive. Bonded extensions are made of a small bead that is bonded to your hair with a special glue.
How to get hair extensions
Getting hair extensions is a relatively simple process. The first step is to have your hair cleansed and conditioned. Then, the extensions will be applied to your hair by a qualified stylist. The application process can take several hours, depending on the amount of extensions you are getting.
Care for hair extensions
Once you have your hair extensions, it’s important to take care of them properly. Here are a few tips for caring for your hair extensions:
- Wash your hair gently: Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that is designed for hair extensions.
- Don’t brush your hair when it’s wet: Brush your hair when it’s dry or slightly damp.
- Avoid heat styling: Use heat styling tools on your hair extensions sparingly.
- Get your hair extensions removed every 6-8 weeks: This will help to prevent your hair from becoming damaged.
Cost of hair extensions
The cost of hair extensions in London varies depending on the type of extensions you choose, the amount of extensions you get, and the salon you go to. In general, tape-in extensions are less expensive than bonded extensions.
Pros and cons of hair extensions
There are both pros and cons to getting hair extensions. Here are a few of the pros and cons to consider:
- Adds length, volume, and thickness to your hair.
- Can be used to create a variety of hairstyles.
- Is relatively easy to care for.
- Can be expensive.
- Can be damaging to your hair if not properly cared for.
- May require regular maintenance.
Hair extensions can be a great way to add length, volume, and thickness to your hair. If you’re considering getting hair extensions in London, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable salon. With proper care, your hair extensions can last for several months.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a salon and getting hair extensions:
- Do your research: Read online reviews and look at photos of the salon’s work.
- Ask about the salon’s experience with hair extensions: Make sure the salon has experience working with hair extensions and that the stylists are qualified to apply them.
- Ask about the cost: Get an estimate of the cost of the hair extensions, including the application and removal.
- Ask about the maintenance: Find out how often you will need to have your hair extensions maintained and how much it will cost.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you have a positive experience getting hair extensions in London.
Fox & Vamp
7 Sydney St, London SW3 6PU